Friday, May 02, 2008

Gas Prices

What are gas prices in your area? I know they are high everywhere. Exxon Mobil just posted HISTORY MAKING PROFITS. What's up with that. The country is hitting a recession and we are being gouged at the pump. Exxon Mobil Corp., the world's largest publicly traded oil company, said Thursday record crude prices helped its first-quarter profit climb 17 percent to $10.9 billion the second biggest U.S. quarterly corporate profit ever.

I don't know about you, but that sure makes me want to stay home.

Interestingly enough, I received an email this morning with a link to MSN Autos that has a nifty tool that allows you to check out gas prices before you leave the house. Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area. It's updated every evening!

Here is the link. Prices in my area are $3.50 for the low, $3.60 for the average and $3.69 for the high; but diesel prices are $4.25 - $4.40. The last time I filled up, I paid $4.25 for biodiesel and the truck has been sitting at the dealer for a week now, so I am saving money on gas, right?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I admit that I'm nervous about it and it doesn't look like we are taking another trip to MI this summer MOSTLY due to gas! WAH! (And I would LOVE to see you and Jenn again!)

Anyway, the lowest around here is 3.47 and the highest is 3.54. Just across the river in VT it's higher, up to $3.59!

Dot said...

Thanks for the comment Kristin! The gas prices are keeping us home too. DH says he's not racing this year either because of the gas prices. Last summer it was $6/gal at the track. I can't imagine what it would be this year.

truth said...

My car runs on premium, the prices are completely outrageous. I owe you an email. Hope to get one off to you tomorrow.

mommy to four j's said...

It is totally insane. I am way nervous about it. It is hard to go anywhere with the prices so high. char