Monday, February 18, 2008

Bottom Round Roast

I am making a roast tonight for dinner. I wanted to document this so that I can redo it if it actually turns out good.

4 pound bottom round roast

cut up med onion and put in bottom of sprayed roasting pan
add 1 bay leaf and 1 tsp minced garlic
add 1 cup dry red wine

bring to a boil, then simmer - add roast continue to simmer

heat oven to 300 degrees

turn off stove-top and put in oven 3-4 hours


This was VERY good. Everyone liked it. I thought the gravy was outstanding, all I did was take out the onions. It wasn't super thick, but it was very yummy.

I would have taken pictures, but I had NO batteries for the camera.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, Dot. I'd love to add you to my blog list so I can check in with you now that we've met IRL and all! Please email me if that is a problem. *Ü*

truth said...

Sounds excellent. I love pictures of food, so charge up some batteries next time. I will have to try the wine next time I make a pot roast. I've never done that, but made a wine sauce with steak tenderloin and it was outstanding.